Monday, December 7, 2015

Dior Addict

It's funny that I told the Sephora associate that I don't like too sweet or food-y scents, and wound up with two vanillic floral oriental samples.  He told me Addict would be vanilla-y, but implored that I give it a try.  Since this perfume hobby is a voyage of discovery, I decided to go with it.  Also, on paper, there was a bright, maybe citrus (?) top note that I found kind of interesting.

 I finally got around to skin testing it this weekend.  On first spray, I unfortunately couldn't find that top note that I smelled on paper.  It was very vanilla on me from the beginning.  There were other things going on for sure, something spicy, something woodsy and of course something floral, but the vanilla and powder made it hard for me to concentrate on anything else.  Over the course of the day, the scent didn't change so much but became a softer, warmer vanilla maybe with a hint of chocolate,

Although Addict is similar to Alien in the way it smells on me on me, the vanilla in Addict was not unpleasant.  It wasn't overly sweet, nor did it feel overtly synthetic like Alien.  Definitely food-y, but something tasty.  In fact, if I liked vanilla, I might even wear this.  Addict is supposed to have very strong sillage and staying power, but in my opinion, compared to Alien it is practically restrained!

TLDR

They say: Oriental fragrance with floral notes. Rich, sensual, encourages you to bold and straightforward actions, it makes you feel free and energetic. Dance! The top notes are mandarin leaves and mulberry flowers; Night Queen Flower, Bulgarian rose and orange flower are in the heart; the base is created with Bourbon vanilla, sandal wood and Tonka bean. The perfume was created by Thierry Wasser in 2002.

On me: Mostly vanilla, then more vanilla, and then a soft vanilla
Y/N/M: No.  Not unpleasant, but not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment