Friday, December 4, 2015

Thierry Mugler Alien

I am waiting for samples to come from Surrender to Chance, so yesterday I figured I'd get a bit of a perfume fix by dropping by Sephora.  Generally, I tend to gravitate towards floral and green scents, but this doesn't feel quite right for the weather.  I asked the salesperson for a warm scent for winter, with the caveat that I don't like anything too sweet or food-like (like, I don't even really like eating dessert).

He suggested Thierry Mugler Alien, describing it as a warm amber.  I was hesitant because I was worried it would be very vanilla, but on the strip it was actually very floral so I gave it a try on my skin.  It was VERY soapy, green and floral on me to start.  When I got home I looked up the official notes and apparently one of the top notes is jasmine, which makes sense for the floral bit.

I went to ballet class with it on (where one friend before class said I smelled like Dove soap, bah).  It very quickly became warmer on me throughout the class as I heated up and by the end it got very vanilla-y.  This phase wasn't unpleasant initially...but by the end of the evening it was sickly sweet with a slight powdery thing (also hate powder) and I was over it.

I tried a little bit this morning just to see if I would feel any different, but if anything it's even worse. Makes me feel a bit nauseous. Tried to scrub it off but this stuff lingers, blech.

TLDR

They say: The creators of Alien based the composition on three main lines: warm white amber in the base, woodsy notes in the heart, and sunny Indian jasmine in the top.  Alien was launched in 2005. Alien was created by Dominique Ropion and Laurent Bruyere.

On me: Soapy green floral to a vanilla that becomes sickly sweet with a hint of powder.  Big scent that lasts forever unfortunately.
Y/N/M: NO GET IT OFF OF ME PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment