Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Ego Facto Poopoo Pidoo

Despite its rather unfortunate name, I quite like Poopoo Pidoo (apparently it's how the French do Betty Boop's "Boop- Oop-a-Doop").    PPPD, as I'll call it because I'm a child who finds tying out poopoo too funny, opens with a bright citrus note.  It quickly turns into a very powdery floral scent that's a bit soapy on me.  That may not sound very pleasant, but the effects honestly are not displeasing for some reason.

To me, this is a very feminine scent.  It reminds me of a woman in a Dior New Look dress in the 50s putting on face powder in front of a vanity.  If it was a color, it would be a soft pink.

PPPD came with my January Olfactif subscription, and I found myself wearing it fairly often this month.  I reach for it when I want a finishing touch that isn't too challenging, or TOO beautiful.  When I want something wearable and pretty.

TLDR

They say: Poopoo Pidoo by Ego Facto is a floral fragrance for women. Poopoo Pidoo is one of 7 fragrances from the Ego Facto collection introduced in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Dominique Ropion. Top notes are citruses and African orange flower; middle notes are and rice; base notes are amber, musk and woodsy notes. Available as 50 ml EDP.

On me: Powdery floral with some citrus.  A bit soapy but I don't mind it.

Y/N/M: Y for days that I want something wearable and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment