Friday, January 29, 2016

Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory

I don't know how else to put it...there is something CRAZY about Dirty Flower Factory.  Like, manic crazy.  When I first sprayed it, I literally said aloud "What is happening???" even though I was alone in my apartment.

Dirty Flower Factory is VERY BIG and VERY FLORAL. It necessitates writing in capitals.  One spray will fill a room, and I might have made the mistake of applying two.

For me, rose is the predominant flower.  But a little further in, I can detect the jasmine.  There's also something strange and unsettling about the floral notes.  Like, it's very beautiful, but there's an edgy undercurrent that keeps it weird and far from generically pretty flower smells.

It might be because there is something familiar about the smell, but I can't put my finger on it.  Something from my childhood...?  I keep getting weird scent memories that aren't quite exact.  Like, the smell of my "purse" as a kid, a weird off brand Play-doh that was meant to be put in a mold, candied flower petals, grape soda, potpurri and plastic wrapped furniture in an elderly neighbors house?

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  So this came in a sample pack of florals that I ordered because I was curious if I could find something I loved as much as Un Lys because committing to a full bottle of that.  Un Lys is the frgrance that I want to be as a person...beautiful, elegant, easy to love.  Dirty Flower Factory is the side of me that I'm sometimes afraid of...beautiful in its way, but perhaps a bit too loud, a bit too strange, a bit destructive.

I will end this with a quote from the perfumer who created this, "Flowers spiked with grit, laying next to a disheveled bed and a pair of black Doc Martins. This is the Dirty Flower Factory machine, made up of roses, jasmine, orange blossom, spiced with pepper and grounded with musk and ambergris. A scent for those that don't want to smell pretty all the time."

TLDR;

They say: Dirty Flower Factory by Kerosene is a Floral fragrance for women and men. Dirty Flower Factory was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is John Pegg. The fragrance features rose, jasmine, orange blossom, pink pepper, chili pepper, sandalwood, ambergris and musk.

On me: BIG CRAZY FLORAL.

Y/N/M: Yes...with slight trepidation.

No comments:

Post a Comment